Thursday, February 12, 2009

Monday Run...posted on Thursday :)

Pretty normal run on Monday:

Miles: 3
Pace: 10 minutes/mile

I ran into Lisa at the gym today and we had a nice chat for about 10-15 minutes. I hadn't seen or talked to her in weeks, so it was good to catch up a little. We will definitely have to plan some shopping trips, er, I mean walking trips, when I come back to Chicago (as I am currently in the UP right now).

I fully intended on hitting the gym again on Tuesday, but Monday afternoon I got a phone call from IBJI where I worked as a rehab tech over the fall, and they asked if I could fill in Tuesday morning. So I worked from 7am-1pm on Tuesday and headed up to the UP directly after work.

It feels great to be home! However, the weather doesn't really allow for running (and there is ice everywhere!). Yesterday I hit the treadmill in the basement for a nice long power walk, which obviously isn't the same as a run, but better than nothing. I don't know if it's the treadmill or the basement air or just my mind playing tricks on me, but I cannot run on that stupid treatmill for the life of me. It feels about a zillion times more difficult than running on any other treadmill!

Anywho, I think I'm going to eat a slice of some leftover birthday cake (Keith is now 27!!!!! Yikes!) and start reading Breaking Dawn, the final book in the Twilight series. Pretty stoked about that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment