Thursday, April 02, 2009

Sorry I'm Lazy!!

Training has been going well this week. I mentioned in the last post that I started a different training plan, so I'm back to the 3 mile runs again. Sunday, Wednesday, and today were all 3 mile runs at around a 9:40 minute/mile pace. On Monday I ran speed intervals (2 minute run, 1 minute sprint, repeat...) for 21 minutes (about 2 1/2 miles total). I got killer abdominal cramps during the workout. They were awful!!! I think I ate an apple and a Luna bar at least an hour and a half before my workout, so I'm not really sure what the cramping was all about. Dehydration, maybe??

I have also starting being more consistent with my strength training. I was kinda slacking on that, since the gym I go to is so busy and often pretty crowded. I'm doing more push-ups, lunges, squats, and core exercises. I have been pretty good with stretching after every run, but I would probably benefit from more stretching throughout the day. I started recording a yoga show on TV but have yet to try any of them out! Unfortunately, I don't get Oxygen network with the dish, so no Inhale for me. :(

Anywayyyy...I'm going to relax for a little while before going to bed. I had a very productive day working on my lecture for class!

No comments:

Post a Comment