Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Any Cookies in There??

Good morning! I slept fabulously last night! My cat didn't even wake me up at 5am like usual!

I did stay up a little late last night, watching Buffy, of course. Before I went to bed I tried my hand at a breakfast cookie.

I mixed together about 1/3 c. oats, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, and 1 tablespoon flax in a small bowl. After that was combined, I added about 1/8 c. vanilla soy milk and a dash of cinnamon and brown sugar. I was very tempted to add come chocolate chips, but maybe I'll save that for next time.

After everything was mixed, I spread it out and flattened it on a small plate, covered it with plastic wrap, and put it in the fridge to set overnight.

I should have taken a close-up of the cookie, sorry! It was FABULOUS! I made a mug of chai tea, and the two went perfectly together. I also had a super juicy nectarine. I might have to make this again for breakfast tomorrow!

After brekkie, I went to the gym for some strength-training. I should note that on my days labeled X-training, I always have either strength or yoga scheduled in. I may or may not also do a cardio workout that does not include running (like walking, biking, elliptical...). Today, I did strictly weights!

I bumped up my number of sets from 2 to 3. I have been doing 2 sets for so long, I think my body is getting too used to it.

Today's program (all moves 3x12 reps, except planks):
- forward plank 1 min.
- side planks 30 sec. each
- reverse lunges
- squats
- seated rows
- seated chest press
- shoulder lateral raise
- biceps curls
- triceps push-downs

Doing the 3rd set was definitely a challenge during all of these exercises, but that's exactly what my muscles have been needing!

I'm off to the store to pick up a few things I am low on (including naners). Have a great afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. Yum, that cookie looks divine! I have not tried the breakfast cookie yet--but have seen it all over the blogs. You make me want to try it even more.

    Great workout, girly! I love doing circuits. I did one this morning--it was not as awesome as yours was though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookie looks awesome. I want to try that! Was the oatmeal cooked or dry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used dry oatmeal. As it sits overnight, the oats become nice and soft!

    ReplyDelete