Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Early Birthday

Okay, my husband is the worst secret-keeper in the world. When he came home from lunch today, he asked if I wanted my birthday present now, or if I wanted to wait. Mind you, my birthday is a month from Friday (August 17)!!! I knew he would keep asking me this every day until I finally gave in, so I told me I would accept it now. He had stored it at work (for about 5 hours, since he bought the gift TODAY! He has no patience!!), so he brought it home with him at the end of the day. Any guesses on my birthday present??
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

My first set of golf clubs!!!! And they're pink!! I have been using my mom's old set of clubs for a few years now, so this is completely awesome to have brand new, shiny clubs that are all mine!
He also picked out the cutest golf shoes! I cannot wait to go out and try my new gear! Did my guy deliver, or what??


So excited! After I tried on my shoes and Keith showed me every single club (no joke), I made dinner.

I wanted to create something like a bowl from Chipotle or Border Grill. I layered brown rice, black beans, grilled chicken (seasoned with lime, cumin, and cayenne pepper), a bit of shredded cheese, and salsa. Blue corn tortilla chips served as an alternative to a fork, if so desired!

All mixed together:

It turned out sooo good. Especially with the chips! I think it would be even better with a nice, fresh pico salsa. Today I used the Newman's Own salsa, which was good, but there's nothing like pico in a Border Bowl. :)

After dinner treat:

A little sugar cone with Moose Tracks ice cream! Whenever Keith scoops he gives me far too much, but I already had to cook and wash dishes, so I was bein' lazy.

I forgot to mention how sore I am today after doing yoga yesterday. My shoulders, obliques, glutes, inner thighs....everything is sore. It feels awesome! :)

I believe I have done enough blogging for today. I will catch up with you in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment