Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Grocery Shopping Makes Me Happy

This afternoon I made a trip to Super Wal-Mart, which I really detest, but it is more affordable. I am not impressed with their selection (or lack thereof) of organic foods, but once I start working I will be more able to shop at the co-op and other grocery stores for my $5 cartons of yogurt. Man, it's times like these where I really miss living near a Trader Joe's..........

Anyway! I am happy to report that we are now fully stocked for the next few weeks.

Willow is a very curious kitty, and she couldn't resist sniffing out all of the food.

One of my more exciting purchases today was something I read about on Paige's blog a few days ago. She mentioned that she bought this product at Wal-Mart, and I thought there was no way my small town store would carry something this awesome:

But they do! Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams. YUM!!! I thought this would be really similar to Nutella, but it is less sweet, more peanut buttery, all natural, and has a short list of ingredients that I can pronounce! I couldn't wait to try it!

If you squint hard, you can see the label says, "try me with bananas." Okay!

I mixed up a Green Monster (The Usual), but instead of regular PB, I added a scoop of the Dark Chocolate Dream. Oooooooh was this dreamy!! I may have a new favorite on my hands!

I find that I am always really excited about at least one item I purchase whenever I go grocery shopping.

Question: What products have you been excited about after a trip to the grocery store?

3 comments:

  1. I love Dark Chocolate Dreams--I am eating some right now actually--on a chocolate Vita Top with Coconut Ice Cream. YUM.

    I got excited about this honey roasted peanut butter for $3.00 at Earthfare yesterday. It was a huge container too. It is VERY delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! where did you go to school for your doctorate?

    email me at seebriderun@gmail.com if you want!!

    "discovered" your blog thru twitter, it's cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get huge discount on your grocery shopping by using grocery coupon at www.clickmycoupon.com

    ReplyDelete