Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's Just a Ride...

I am having a fantastic day today! I feel like skipping down the road in the sunshine and singing some kind of cheesey song at the top of my lungs! You may be wondering what could have put me in such a wonderful mood, but there really isn't anything specific. I just feel great today. Aren't those days the best???

I started the morning off with a bowl of cereal and cup of coffee, and then an hour-long yoga session. We finally got a working TiVo hooked up yesterday, and the first thing I couldn't wait to record was my favorite yoga program, Inhale. I highly recommend this program, especially for anyone who is a beginner or may think yoga is not for them. You really work up a sweat and challenge your muscles. I know I will definitely be sore tomorrow! Inhale is on the Oxygen network weekdays at 6am Eastern. I don't normally wake up before 6 o'clock, which is why I need the DVR. :) My new goal is to complete a yoga workout at least twice every week. This will be another great way to work on my strength, as well as improve my flexibility (boy, did I realize how tight my muscles are today!). Have you set any health goals for yourself, recently??

After yoga, I went for a 2-mile run. I would like to start increasing my mileage again. I think whatever is holding me back right now is mostly mental. I think maybe I'm a little bored with my routes and the music on my iPod. I'll have to get out of this funk!
I got home, took a shower, and made my daily Green Monster!

I used the same recipe as the previous two days, but added in a handful of blueberries. Mmm...taste those antioxidants! I still need to work on my blending skills, as I always end up with small chunks of ice, no matter how hard I try to break them all up. I also used my last banana today, so I need to restock!

I ran a few errands, and then came home for lunch:

I made another big salad with spring mix greens, cucumber, tomato, tuna, olive oil and vinegar, fresh ground pepper, and a few splashes of Texas Pete hot sauce. Today's salad was much better. The tuna made all the difference! :)

I also had a tiny bowl of leftover mac and cheese. I tried to show just how small the bowl is, but I don't think I captured it very well. It's kind of the size you might use to put dip in, if that helps you visualize. It was all very tasty and I am pretty full!
Time to get back to the grind of studying. I will catch up with you all later today!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to get back to practicing yoga. Love the green monster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that looks delish! I love tuna in my salad!

    ReplyDelete