Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lacking Motivation

I am currently trying to gear myself up for a 3 mile run, but I just don't feel like it! I don't even have an excuse not to go. I will get this run in today!!

Keith left this morning at 4 a.m. to fly to Denver for a wedding this weekend, so I was kind of awake then. I fell back asleep and continued to wake up every hour until 7:30 when I forced myself out of bed. I showered and mixed up a Green Monster for brekkie. I missed it yesterday. :(
I got a few weird shadows in the picture.
I had a dentist appointment and then decided to swing by my grandparent's for a visit. Lucky me, Grandma was baking!! I had a bran muffin and cup of tea while I was there (sorry, no pic), and ended up leaving with more muffins, a few spritz cookies, and cinnamon rolls. Am I lucky, or what??
On the way home I stopped at Target to investigate some fancy watches. I don't know if I could get myself to shell out enough money for a nice Garmin, but I would like a watch that will measure distance, HR, calories, etc. I came out empty-handed today.
Ugh...If I don't run now, then I want to study, but I feel so tired right now, I know I will fall asleep as soon as I crack open a book. What to do, what to do....?
How do you motivate yourself to exercise?

2 comments:

  1. Did the dentist have to pick any green monster particles out of your teeth? haha--I do brush my teeth again after I drink those puppies because I always get little bits of spinach stuck way back "in there."

    -Hmm, exercise motivation. Girl, that is a hard one! Especially in the afternoon and at night when you are more tired. I do one of 2 things: take a 25 minute cat nap, or put on some fun music that gets me excited to rev up my mood. THEN I go work it, twerk it! But sometimes neither work, so I just say oh well, I will do it tomorrow. Gotta listen to your body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would get some new music or have a "reward" or treat to look forward to after your workout. If you can read while you workout, maybe take new materials. Just remember YOU'LL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER WHEN THE WORKOUT IS OVER!

    ReplyDelete