Friday, July 24, 2009

Lagniappe

Today was a spectacularly full day! Instead of sitting around at home I was actually out and about!!

I could not get up with my alarm this morning, so of course I was in a bit of a rush! I made myself a bowl of Kashi GoLean with skim milk (no picture) and some much-needed coffee!

I spent my morning in the outpatient clinic learning the ropes and watching (no touching!) PT in action!! Love it and MISS IT!

I came home for a quick lunch, but wasn't all that hungry. I mixed up a GM.

Pre-blended goodies!

A few minutes before I left, I was worried the Monster wouldn't be enough to fill me up until dinner, so I threw together another tuna sandwich with the leftovers from yesterday's lunch.


Um, this is what happens when the hubby gets the camera. I said "Take a picture of my sandwich". At least he got one slice of bread in there.....????

I spent the afternoon at one of the skilled nursing facilities again, learning the computer systems and trying to get a handle on the ins and outs of Medicare. I will understand it all eventually!

When I got home, Keith told me we were invited out to dinner with another couple. We went to Lagniappe, which is somewhere I have been dying to go for a while! It's a cajun/creole restaurant and it has a very fun/interesting vibe. It is also one of the more unique dining opportunities in Marquette.

I ordered the crawfish etouffee, since it sounded very creole and I've never had it before!

The sauce was probably full of cream and butter, but it was really yummy! I also poured on some hot sauce, because I like it spicy! I immediately divided my plate in half, otherwise I would have eaten the whole thing!

I haven't had an ice cream in a while, so when I got home I scooped some Edy's Mint Chocolate Cookie. Heaven!! I am currently wolfing daintily consuming this now!

I hope you are all having a wonderful Friday evening. I am trying to convine the husband to watch Twilight with me. Wish me luck! :)

1 comment:

  1. Twilight--yes yes yes! Edward Cullen in all his beauty. For some reason, other guys just do not understand the obsession with Edward. He is just so mysterious. MMMmm.

    haha, sorry I went off on that tangent. Anyway, I smiled at the picture that your hubby took of "the sandwich." haha that is cute!

    ReplyDelete