Monday, July 13, 2009

Lunch and Frustrations

I have completed a fairly productive morning and am about to get cracking down on the books! All of my paperwork is complete, and I made a phone call to the Department of Health to check on the status of my licensure application.

For those of you who don't know the process, after you graduate from physical therapy school, you apply for a license in whichever state(s) you would like to practice. After the state receives all the required information from you (in my case it's the application, fingerprints, official transcripts, jurisprudence exam, and application fee), they review everything and inform the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT) that you can take your licensure examination (or "boards"). The FSBPT sends you an Authorization to Test, and only then can you schedule your exam. My paperwork for the State of Michigan all said it can take 6-8 weeks to process the application. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. How long can it take to look at a few pieces of paper?? My grades were great and I'm not a criminal--what's to think about? Well, after 5 weeks of hearing nothing (except that they received the application and it can take 6-8 weeks to process), I made a phone call to see if I could at least get a more specific date or time when I can expect to hear from them. What did the person on the phone tell me? "We received your application on June 10, and it will take 6-8 weeks to process." Great.

Meanwhile, I have been trying to study for the boards, but without an actual test date, I definitely have been less gung-ho about it. I also have a job lined up and I am so excited to get started, but Michigan also does not allow temporary licensure (where I would work be able to complete the work of a PT under supervision and have a licensed PT sign off on my notes), so I am stuck doing nothing and not getting paid for it. Not a happy camper. :(

All I can do right now is just continue to study as hard as I can. The only thing that could be worse than having to wait so long, is to finally take the exam and fail because I didn't study enough.

Okay, I have vented a little bit, and now everyone who had questions about whether I am working or not or when I am taking my test now knows the situation!

On to better topics... At around 10:30 this morning I was a big hungry while reading about HIPPA guidelines, so I whipped up a Green Monster. I used the same recipe from yesterday, and it was delicious yet again!


Healthy, frothy goodness!


Keith came home for lunch and while he was setting up our TiVo (this is the 3rd one we are trying in a month.....that is a whole 'nother story...), I made him some white cheddar mac & cheese. I love mac & cheese! Plus, I made myself a big ol' salad!
















My salad contained spring mix greens, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, a little olive oil and vinegar, a scoop of three pepper hummus, and a dash of fresh ground pepper. It was alright. I'm not a huge fan of the spring mix, because I find it a little bitter. I was hoping the other toppings would mask it, but they didn't help a whole lot.














I had a small bowl of macaroni and cheese. It was just enough to satisfy a craving, but it was a little cold. I made myself eat my whole salad before I could enjoy creamy, cheesy perfection.

Now it's time to get my study groove on. Have a great afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Don't get down about the application. 6-8 weeks is a small amount of time compared to the rest of your life. It will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete