Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mind Over Matter

I started off the day by sleeping in again!! I'm sure most people would love being able to sleep in, but I just don't like it. I like to get up a little earlier and get my day going. I guess it's just part of my personality.

After I rolled out of bed at 8:30, I put together breakfast.

Tea, Frosted Mini Wheats, and blueberries. I don't like to mix fruit in things, for some reason. For example, I don't like fruit on cereal, mixed in yogurt, or in ice cream. I also don't like cooked fruit (pies, tarts, crisp, etc.). In the last couple years I have come around to blueberry muffins, but that's about it.

The clouds were looking a little ominous this morning, so I headed to the gym for my run. I intended to do 2 miles again, but after I got started I told myself I was being a wuss and I need to adding some mileage, so I did 2.5. I had to dig pretty deep in the last mile, but I finished in 24 minutes and 28 seconds. I don't know why I am making running so difficult, lately. I shouldn't have a problem cranking out at least 3 miles. I have to get out of my rut!

After my run, I mixed up a Green Monster.

Willow was quite interested in it today. Yesterday, I re-stocked my bananas and spinach, and also picked up a carton of strawberries, so today's Monster had:

*2 handfuls spinach
*1 banana
*about 7 strawberries
*1 c. vanilla soymilk
*1 T flax
*1 T honey

Honestly, this was kind of blah. I think these might taste better when the bananas are a little more brownish and overripe, and today they were pretty yellow. Tomorrow I am going back to my simple recipe with a scoop of peanut butter.

Hoping for a more tasty lunch, I heated up some Amy's No Chicken Noodle Soup, with a few munchies on the side.

This lunch wasn't very good, either! The soup was okay, but I had to add some Texas Pete hot sauce for a little more flavour. Also, my cucumber was pretty bitter, and unfortunately, the roasted garlic hummus didn't cover up the bitter taste enough. I had 2 cucs and couldn't eat any more. At least my bread was good.

I'm off to accomplish some studying this afternoon. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment