Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Funday

Actually, today isn't really a "funday," but I felt like rhyming. :)

Let's start with last night's dinner, shall we?

Keith made hamburgers on the grill. They were to die for!! So juicy! I like lots of condiments on mine, can you tell? :)

We made a basil pesto pasta salad for a side. I have to work on my photography skills...these pics are so blurry!!

A little while after dinner, I had a craving for a fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookie.

So I made about a hundred! Well...not that many, but I'm pretty sure I got about 5 dozen cookies out of this batch. Yikes!

I may or may not have eaten more than one last night. ;)

Afterwards, I was so full from dinner and cookie(s) that I was a little uncomfortable. To make things worse, Keith was watching a show on the Travel channel about the best steak places in the country, showing thick steak after steak. It was making me a little nauseous...haha. That's when you know you have eaten TOO MUCH!

It's a good thing I have begun to drink Green Monsters, because otherwise I have days where I don't get many fruits and veggies. I'm trying to work on that!!

For example, I used to never have fruit in the morning. Cereal or oatmeal is my usual brekkie, and I have already confessed how I don't like mixing fruit in my food.

Last week, I started adding fresh fruit (blueberries, mainly) on the side. This morning I had the last of my Frosted Mini Wheats, blueberries, and a cup o' joe. Delish!
Are there any ways you try sneaking in fruits and veggies to your day??
This post is getting a little long, so I will update later with the details of my morning workout. My tummy is asking me to make something for lunch, so I am off to appease it and then crack open the books again!

1 comment:

  1. LOL too funny about making 100 cookies. I've done that. :D

    I try to sneak in fruits as a side dish at lunch, into smoothies, mixed in with yogurt, or as a dessert! (think...strawberry shortcake!?)

    ReplyDelete