Friday, July 10, 2009

My first Green Monster!!

Hi everyone! I've decided to spruce up my page a little, since no one is really all that interested in just seeing how many miles I ran today. Hopefully if I add a bit more content, it will be more interesting for you all to read! (All, what, 3 of you??)

Anyway, this morning I was so excited to get up and make a delicious treat for myself that I have been reading about lately. I went grocery shopping last night and filled up on a ton of food, including some yummy produce!! So the treat I made is a Green Monster!

It actually took me about 2 hours to fix this baby up, and it all starts with my food processor... There are still a lot of items from the wedding at my parent's house, and our blender is one of them. However, we somehow have a food processor, so I figured I could make a decent smoothie with that. This morning I fixed all the ingredients together, but on the lid, pressed "ON" and.....nothing. I tried replacing the container and lid, I tried plugging it into other outlets, but nothing worked! Frustrated and very sad that I was unable to enjoy this wonderful smoothie creation, I decided I was just going to drive to my parents and get the darned blender. First, I had to stop at my mom's work to get the house key, then drive to the house, drop off the key again, and finally finally get home to set up the blender and finish my drink!!

So was all of this running around worth the hype? Definitely! My Green Monster was surprisingly tasty, and I'm already thinking of other ingredients I can mix up!

What is in this Green Monster? I thought you'd never ask! :) I modified this recipe a bit from http://www.greenmonstermovement.com/:

2 handfuls of baby spinach
1 banana
1 T milled flax
1 1/4 c. vanilla Lite Silk soymilk
about 6 ice cubes

Blend blend blend and voila! I think tomorrow I might add some raspberries and a little honey to my concoction.

After I finally made and drank my smoothie, it was about 10:40am. I woke up at 7:45. Needless to say, I had to choose between working out and cleaning up the apartment or studying. Unfortunately, I need to study, so my early plans of working out were put off for today. Yesterday I went for another 2 mile run, although I spent part of it walking. Once I started going, my hips and quads felt so tight, and then by the end of the first mile my calves were on fire. I definitely need to pay more attention to stretching. Also, sitting around all day on the computer and studying doesn't help my tight muscles, but I can't really NOT study anymore, unfortunately.

The rest of today I spent time studying gait mechanics and common deviations while munching on a bowl of raspberries, cherries, and blueberries. Delish! Keith and I went out to Hudson's for dinner and I ordered the turkey burger, which I pretty much inhaled. I am still so full over 3 hours later. I also got my hair cut and highlighted tonight. I tried to take a picture, but my eyes looked only half open and then my camera battery died. Maybe tomorrow.

Any exciting plans for the weekend???

No comments:

Post a Comment