Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Results

Obviously it's been awhile since I've posted. Thought I would update ya'll on my race results!

I ran the Cellcom Green Bay half marathon on May 17 with a finish time of 2 hours, 12 minutes, and 9 seconds. I was able to run the entire 13.1 miles with no stops or walk breaks, which was pretty much my goal. I also wanted to run at a 10 minute/mile pace, and my "official" pace was 10 minutes and 6 seconds per mile, so I am very happy about that!

Let me tell you, the beer at the finish line tasted oh so good and was totally worth all the training. I didn't get a chance to grab a brat, though! Maybe next year. After finishing the race, I had no desire to tackle a full marathon, either. However, I am really excited about running more half marathons!

Soooo....my next half marathon will be the Community First Fox Cities Half Marathon on September 20, 2009 starting in Menasha, WI (near Appleton)!! Super excited to start my training again and participate in another fun race! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment