Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sleepy, Tired Eyes

Hey everyone! Sorry for the long delay between posts! Keith and I went out last night and have had quite the busy day today.
Yesterday afternoon was pretty much a bust. Keith slept for 4 hours and I was pretty much bored out of my mind. I have some leftover polenta from making the quiche earlier this week, and decided to try it in a salad.
I cut a few thin slices and pan-fried them with a little olive oil. I layered the polenta on the bottom of the bowl...
...and added everything else on top! The rest of my spring mix was looking a little sketch, so I dumped that and used spinach for the greens. My salad also had cucumbers (which were NOT bitter this time!), tomatoes, red cabbage, salmon, olive oil and vinegar, and pepper. This was a very tasty salad! The polenta didn't really add or take away from the meal. It was just kind of a "bonus" at the end. Any other ideas for how I can use up this leftover polenta??
A few hours later I had a little snack:
A glass of vanilla soymilk and a handful of cherries.

Once Keith finally awoke from his slumber, it was dinnertime. We decided to go out to Red Lobster, since it has been a while, and who doesn't love the cheesy biscuits??

I was really torn between the crab linguini alfredo and the parmesan-crusted tilapia. I went for the tilapia, as it was the healthier option. I got the half order and still ended up taking half of it home with me. I did eat 3 biscuits, though. :)

After dinner, a bunch of friends were having a bags (aka: cornhole) tournament, so we took a few beers down to the field to hang out. Of course everyone wanted to go to the bar afterwards, so we ended up having a rather late night. I didn't go too crazy, but I did wake up feeling a little ick today. Late night + drinks + bad sleep = tired, dry eyes.

When I woke up, I was actually craving a Green Monster.
Spinach, naner, vanilla soymilk, flax, PB. Now to be officially known as The Usual.

We were invited to a friend's house for breakfast/brunch at 11 o'clock. They made scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, and hash browns. I had a little of everything, plus some coffee and a glass of OJ. It definitely hit the spot!

For the rest of the afternoon, Keith and I watched the end of the British Open and then decided to try out my new golf clubs at the driving range. They are pretty amazing. I can't wait to actually play a round with them soon!!

Alright, I think you have been sufficiently updated on the last 24 hours. :) Hope you are all enjoying a relaxing Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Girrrrl, I wake up now and crave those green monsters too! It is so awesome that we wake up craving something so healthy! I used to wake up and crave cinnamon buns, doughnuts, pastries...haha. I'll take a green monster anyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!

    I love Green Monsters. I crave them daily also! What's your favorite combination?!

    I also somehow forgot how good cheeries were and recently rediscovered them! AMAZING

    Check out my blog! : )
    http://peacelovenutrition.wordpress.com/

    xo
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete