Monday, July 20, 2009

Stuffed Again!

Man, I am so full again tonight! I don't feel like I really ate all that much, but apparently it was enough to stuff me to the brim. At least I don't feel nearly as bad as last night (darn cookie dough!). Anyways, on to the eats...

I ate up my leftovers from Red Lobster for lunch today.

Parmesan-crusted tilapia, mashed potatoes, and of course a biscuit. I ate all the broccoli that came with my dinner on Saturday, so I put the fish on a bed of spinach. Great combo. I also didn't eat half of the potatoes on my plate. Probably a good thing, because they are quite rich.

About half-way through my study session, I was starting to feel a little drowsy and sluggish. Now, you don't think I would go a whole day without a Green Monster, would you??!


It was the perfect pick-me-up for the afternoon! And yes, it was The Usual.

I had a pretty productive day studying! For dinner, I met up with my BFF and MOH, Chera for some Italian eats at the Casa. I ordered a small antipasto salad (they make the BEST) with balsamic vinaigrette, as well as a half order of eggplant parmesan. I've never tried the eggplant parm before, and it was really good! I ended up with half the sauce on my shirt, but it was worth it. :) I only ate about half of my meal, plus a piece of garlic bread, but I am so full.

Someday, I will be brave and take pictures of my food at restaurants. :)

I had an OK workout this morning. I intended on running 3 miles today, but halfway through my run, my calves were burning up, so I slowed down and walked a few minutes and stretched out a bit. I ended up running 2.7 miles, which is still an improvement, at least! I think I just need to warm-up and stretch better before my runs.

I also did some weight training today. Usually when I lift, I do everything in one day. Meaning, I don't do arms one day and legs another. My routine today looked like this:
- Cable cross-punches with squats
- Reverse lunges
- Seated rows
- Seated chest press
- Front and side planks
- Tricep pull-downs
- Lateral raises
- Biceps curls
I do about 2 sets of 12 reps of everything except planks (I hold each for 1 min.). I'm thinking I might bump it to 3 sets of 10 reps.

I want to make this a really good week with my workouts. I want to be a little more intense and more active. I kind of feel like I'm at a plateau and it would be great to step it up a notch and really challenge myself. Probably an excellent time to start my half-marathon training program!

Yesterday I started putting my program together. It will be an 8 week program, and since my race is on September 20, that means I will start next Monday (July 27!). I am going to do a mixture of the two programs from Fitness magazine. I mentioned before that I used their beginner program to train for my first half, and though I didn't even follow it to a 'T' (ahh...like I skipped a few days), I was really happy with my results. This time, I would like to add in some speedwork and map out my strength-training and yoga sessions. A schedule will be super helpful during this training period, as I will be starting work full-time while it is going on (God willing!). I will be sure to fill you in on my program once it is completed!

I should start getting ready for bed and settling in for the night. Good news! Tomorrow I am going to start getting acquainted with the nursing homes and clinics I will be working in once I am an officially licensed PT. I will be going in 2 or 3 days a week to learn the systems and start getting to know the facilities and employees. Unfortunately, I can't touch any patients and I won't be earning my full salary, but at least I will be doing something a few days a week and making a little money finally! I start at 8am, and so far the plan is to wake up early to get in a yoga sesh and a GM, plus make lunch. I could do some of these things tonight, but it's in my nature to procrastinate.

Have a great night, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are getting into what you love to do with PT. I really admire your attitude and selflessness--it is truly inspiring. :)

    I am going to be working with a seniors class this Thursday teaching nutrition and cooking classes. I will definitely let you know how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete