Friday, July 31, 2009

Woot!!

Happy Friday!!!

Let's catch up with last night's din-din:
I had been craving some chicken tacos! I heated up some of the rotisserie chicken and added cumin and ground red pepper. I added the chicken to two corn tortillas with lettuce, cheese, avocado, and Newman's Own Pinapple Salsa. The pineapple salsa was a new purchase for me, and I have to say, I didn't care for it with the tacos. It was too sweet and didn't have enough spice. I would probably enjoy it more as a dip for corn chips.
For dessert I had a spritz cookie, and later snacked on a few Peanut Butter Puffins.

This morning I treated myself to another breakfast cookie! I promise, this will be the last one for at least a few days. ;)

I made the cookie sans banana and used Dark Chocolate Dreams PB. This was phenomenal. I am definitely going to have many breakfast cookies in the future. I find these to be so filling (thank you, oats and pb!) and EASY. Usually I'll just have cereal in the morning, because it's quick and easy, but it doesn't always keep me full until lunch (and with my job, I might not always have time for "second breakfast"). Breakfast cookies rock!

The addition of fresh blueberries didn't hurt, either! ;)


I ended up going into work this morning, just for a half day. I was really excited to make lunch, but I had so many different ideas, I had a hard time picking one.

I ended up making a chicken fiesta pita, which was pretty much a chicken taco in a pita. :) This time I used the Original Newman's Own salsa that I had, and it was perfect! It was so good, I almost forgot to take a picture until I had already eaten half of it!

Along with my pita.........

......A GREEN MONSTER!! I was craving The Usual. I feel like it's been days since I've had one of these babies. ((Note the study materials used as a placemat.))

I'm about to head off to my parent's house tonight. It's my grandpa's birthday, and we are having some family over to celebrate! However, I have one semi-exciting piece of news:

I am finally eligible to take my boards!!!!!!!!!! This is pretty great news, except I still have to received the official letter with my testing ID number before I can actually schedule the exam, but I should receive the letter early next week. Yikes! That means I really have to take this test, now!!!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm I love me some Puffins! And breakfast cookies! I had one myself yesterday for breakfast. I'll have to try your version sometime.

    I added you to my blogroll, btw. You have a great blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw--yay! Congratssssss! You are eligible and will be ready and will rock those boards boot-ays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! Time for you to get to real work now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right??! haha

    ReplyDelete