Monday, August 17, 2009

B-Day Recap

Good evening, everyone! I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open right now! Though my day wasn't very exciting, I sure kept busy!

This morning I had a minor snafu with my vehicle. The engine would not turn over for me, and I tried at least 5 times to start the Jeep. I called the husband and he came over right away. Of course, when he put the keys in the ignition, it started up with no problems! Geeeez!!

I drove to Lower Harbor for my run today. It was so nice to run along Lake Superior! I did another 5 miler, seeing as I felt like I walked at least half of yesterday's "run". Sorry I don't have any stats because I didn't watch the time, and the b-day fairy didn't bring me a Garmin. ;) I felt pretty good and only walked for about a minute after getting a few gulps of water. However, when I woke up this morning, my left knee was sore where the IT band runs. I've never really had problems with it before, but I don't want them to get worse, either!

Needless to say, I picked up a foam roller today! I have been wanting one of these babies for a long time. I'm going to roll out my IT bands after this post, and I know it's going to hurt so good.

Another exciting purchase today:

I have been wanting a running skirt for a long time, too! I used my birthday as an excuse to splurge a little today. :) I cannot wait to try this baby out tomorrow!!

The remainder of my afternoon was spent stocking up on groceries and unloading said groceries in the house. Keith came home shortly after I finished, and we went out to dinner.

Neither of us had been Elizabeth's Chop House, so I chose this steakhouse for my birthday dinner.

I ordered the 7 oz. filet with grilled asparagus as a side. It was so good! The picture definitely does not do the meal justice. I am such a red meat lover. I know that grosses some people out, but I could never give up steak!

I also discovered a new (for me) delicious red wine! I had a glass of Clos du Bois red zinfindel, and it was perfect. Not too sweet and not too dry. Keith and I both approved.

For dessert we took a drive to Frosty Treats and I had a vanilla fro-yo with sprinkles. I feel like a little kid whenever I have sprinkes, but I love them.

It feels kind of strange to be 25 now. When I was growing up and still thought 25 was "old", I had quite a few little goals or ideas of how my life would be at this age. Some of these things have actually transpired, others may be in the near future, and still other things will never happen (like I was supposed to marry Joey McIntyre).

Did/Do you have any "goals" for yourself at a certain age (be it 20, 25, 30, etc.)?? Is your life now anything you thought it might be when you were a wee little tot?

Have a great night!!

1 comment:

  1. Ah foam rollers are the best/worst! hehe. A few morning/night rolls should loosen that IT band right up!

    Growing up, I thought 25 was ooolllld...like married with children old. It wasn't til I got closer to 25 that I realized I was way off haha. :)

    ReplyDelete