Sunday, August 30, 2009

Easy Like Sunday Morning

Morning! Last night's festivities did not get too crazy, which is a bit of a relief. As much as I like to go out and have fun with a few drinks every once in a while, I really dislike feeling like poo the next day.

We started off our night meeting Josh and Chelsee at the Vierling for dinner.
The Vierling brews it's own beer, so I ordered a seasonal peach wheat.

I wasn't feeling extremely hungry after my huge lunch, but I ordered the cheese tortellini pesto since none of the appetizers really jumped out at me.

We also split a slice of peanut butter pie for dessert that was pretty awesome.

After dinner, we went over to a friend's house for a mini beer pong tournament.
Scott is very serious about these kinds of things.
Keith and Scott were the undefeated champs of the night. When the two of them play any type of drinking/bar/yard game, they are pretty unstoppable and very competitive.

By the way, we played with water in the cups and just drank from our own drinks. Much more sanitary and far less dangerous.

We went out to the bar for a little while, and Keith and I called it a night a little after 1.

I definitely slept in this morning, and all I could think about when I woke up was hot oatmeal. Shocking, I know! :)

I have been trying to mentally prepare for my 8 mile run today, but I really just need to buckle down and get it done! It's sunny and bright outside, and around 60 degrees, maybe, so it should be perfect weather for a run. I'm off to grab a pre-run snack and then tackle those miles!!

1 comment:

  1. Heccccck yes that oatmeal looks so good! I cannot wait for cool weather--because I will be diving into some oatmeal. It has SO hot here in NC still and I cannot fathom eating hot food in the morning, so green monsters are my summer breakfasts. :)

    ReplyDelete