Monday, August 24, 2009

First Official Day as a PT!

Hey everyone! I am super exhausted right now, and my bed is calling my name, so I'm going to make this one quick!

The only thing that could get me out of bed this morning was the thought of warm, gooey oatmeal.

Heaven in a bowl.

I didn't bring a lunch to work with me, because I had no idea where I could put it or if there would be a fridge or microwave or anything. Luckily, the SNF I was working in has a small employee and guest cafeteria with a salad bar. I had a big, delicious salad and a small carton of milk. Those little cardboard milk cartons remind me of school.

After my workday, I inhaled a banana in the car and came home to make pizza dough.

***Blogger is taking foreeevvvvveeeeerrrr to upload my pics. I am about to fall asleep waiting for these suckers.***

The recipe for the dough is courtesy of Jenna. While the dough was rising, I finally got my butt out for my long run. I ran 6.5 miles along the beautiful lakeshore!

OK, I tried to figure out my running time by adding up the times for the songs I listened to on my iPod (umm...does anyone else think I need a watch to do this instead??? haha), and I calculated the time at 59:43 with and average pace of 9:11. Umm, I'm pretty sure that's a lie. I had even tacked on an extra two minutes for the times that I was skipping through songs on shuffle. I should at least buy a cheap athletic watch at Target so I can get a little more accurate times on my outside runs!

Anyway, when I came home, I split the dough in half, spread it on a cookie sheet, and added toppings.

I used pizza sauce, spinach, turkey pepperoni, tomato, and fresh mozzarella.

This was definitely a success! Much tastier than my last attempt, and the homemade dough was FAB!!!

I enjoyed my pizza with a nice, cold brew.

Yum.

On that note, I'm off to spend some quality time with my pillow. Goodnight!!!

1 comment:

  1. That pizza looks so good. I love the combination of turkey pepp and that nice layer of mozzerella! I need to buy some tomato sauce, and cheese at the store--but then I will be ready to make this pizza b/c I have turkey pepperoni already. :)

    ReplyDelete