Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy Hump Day!

We've already made it to the middle of the week! I had a hard time rolling out of bed this morning, but I guess it's okay because I'm on "vacation!"

Recap of yesterday afternoon/evening:

Snack of Puffins and green tea.

And a few TJ's dried apricots. One of the last Trader Joe's products I have that remain from Chicago. Oh, Trader Joe's, I miss you........

I had no clue what I wanted to make for dinner tonight. After looking in the fridge for a while, I pulled out some shrimpies.

I boiled some penne pasta while sauteeing the shrimp in a little butter, EVOO, green onion, red pepper, garlic, and lemon juice. At the last minute, I added a few handfuls of spinach.

Then I mixed it all together! It turned into a pretty nice, light summer-y dinner.

Of course, there had to be dessert.

You can't let good birthday cake go to waste!!

After dinner, I went over to my mom's for a girl's night. My mom, aunt, grandma, and I went to see The Time Traveler's Wife. The book is one of my favorites, and I figured it would be difficult to translate it onto the screen, but I think they did a pretty fair job. I would have liked to see more of the beginning of Claire and Henry's relationship, both when Claire was younger and when they meet in the present, just to help show how deep of a relationship they have. It really was a nice movie, overall. My grandma really liked it, and she had not read the book. My aunt and mom both said they enjoyed the movie as much as the book. I don't know if I quite liked it as much as the book, but I did appreciate seeing the story on the screen, and think the actors did a great job. I would definitely recommend it if you're in the mood for a love story. Plus, you get to see Eric Bana's booty! :)

Giada is currently showing me how to cut a mango on Today. I picked up a mango at the store the other day, so this will be handy for later. :)

I'm off for a workout! Today's training includes another hill workout...groan. The last time I did a hill workout, I was not a happy camper. I don't want to skimp out on my workout, but maybe I shouldn't push myself as hard as last time. I don't want to be a wimp!! I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Mangoes are hard to cut if you don't know how! The pit is so big and awkward! haha

    ReplyDelete