Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hills and Goat Cheese

Happy afternoon! I feel like the day has been flying by!

For breakfast I had a repeat of yesterday:

Cereal with vanilla yogurt, strawberries, and caahfee. I think the strawberries are really making breakfast phenomenal. On a side note, it is taking for-ever to upload pictures the last couple days. Anyone else having these problems??

Like I mentioned earlier, I scheduled a hill workout today (I updated my weekly training schedule on the right side of the page, btw) and was not looking forward to it. However, I am ecstatic to report that I had a great run this morning!

Instead of cranking up the speed and the incline today, I stuck with the same speed and concentrated on climbing the hills while maintaining my pace. Here's the info on my workout:

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 29:30
Pace: 9:50

Warm-up: 5 min
Incline: 2 min
Recover: 3 min
Repeat incline/recover x4 (or until you hit 3 miles!)

I felt that the workout was definitely still challenging, but I felt much better not huffing and puffing until my lungs burned and I keeled over. My booty is already a little sore from those hills!

I love thinking about what I'm going to eat on my way back from a run! Today I threw together an AWESOME salad. I am telling you, it rocked my socks off. I basically filled up a small mixing bowl and inhaled the entire thing. If I had more, I would have continued to eat it until I exploded!

Isn't it pretty?? I took the leftover penne from dinner (we ate all the shrimpies, so there were only noodles left), and tossed it with spinach, a diced tomato, lemon, S&P, and GOAT CHEESE. Wowwwww. The goat cheese really put this sucker over the top! It made for a perfect summer salad. It reminded me of something you could make a huge batch of and bring to a BBQ. This is definitely a must-make-again.

I washed it down with the remainder of a POM Tea I purchased while grocery shopping.

It was good, but not great. I bought it because I was so thirsty at the time, and this looked like an interesting option. It was a little more tart than I was expecting.

After running a few errands, I had a sweet snack.

My grandma gave me quite a few little bags of saltwater taffy for my birthday. So delicious!

I'm thinking about curling up with some green tea and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

1 comment:

  1. Oh your salad does look like a phenom! Good thinking with the leftover pasta :) Nice job on the hill run.

    ReplyDelete