Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Lotta Enchilada

Hi everyone! Today has been a pretty busy day, and I cannot wait to curl up in my bed again tonight! I think it will take a little while to get used to having a regular work schedule again. Throughout the summer, I made an effort to wake up at 6:30 or 7 to hopefully make this transition to a full-time job easier. However, most of the time I didn't wake up until between 7:45 and 8:30. Still early, but that's about the time I have to BE at work now!

I am also trying to figure out how to best fit in my workouts around my work schedule. I would must rather get my exercise done in the morning, but it's already hard for me to get up as it is! I just get too lazy when I come home from work, and I find that I get more frequent stomach cramps during runs in the afternoon. I just have to stick it out for a couple weeks and make waking up early a habit!

End rant. :)

Breakfast was boring cereal because I didn't have much time to make anything, and it felt a little too humid for oats.

Lunch was a slice of leftover pizza from last night's dinner, as well as a big baggie full of grapes. My grapes are starting to get a little dried out, so I need to gobble these up fast!

I considered a speed workout this afternoon, but instead turned it into a rest day and will push back my speedwork to tomorrow. Hopefully in the morning, but we'll see! ;)

I had a hankering for chicken enchiladas tonight. I've never made them before, so this was a fun experiment.
Mmmm they were good!

I also made some spanish rice as a side. The blob of sour cream really put these enchiladas over the edge, I must say!

I love when I cook a successfull meal. I also love when I can have leftovers for lunch the next day!

I have to apologize for my boring posts as of late. Once I get into my routine, things will be picking back up!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm Enchiladas are so so good. And yours look nothing but!

    ReplyDelete