Saturday, August 01, 2009

Must...Study...

Happy Satuday morning...er, afternoon! It's already 1 o'clock for me, and I am just about to hit the books for a few hours of studying. I can't wait for this test to be behind me!

Last night my parents grilled hamburgers for dinner. For dessert we had some amazing strawberry shortcake with fresh strawberries. (Sorry, no pics!). I can't believe I never liked strawberry shortcake before!!

When I woke up this morning, it was pouring rain and pretty windy, but luckily it cleared up by the time I finished eating breakfast.

I warmed up two bran muffins and topped them with a little butter and maple syrup. My mom taught me this trick, and it is SO scrumptious! Yummmm!!

I have to admit that I did not work out yesterday. I intended on doing my work out after lunch, but then I had some housekeeping chores to do, fit in a little studying, and then went to my parents for dinner. I understand that I can't make skipping workouts a habit, but I also know that it does no good to beat myself up over it!

After breakfast, I picked up where my training schedule left off and went on a 3 mile run. I went a little bit faster than normal, which felt pretty good. I like running on a treadmill so I can see all of my stats. I guess that's why I need a nice watch so I can run outside and still get all my good information! :)

Time: 28:56
Distance: 3 miles
Avg Pace: 9:40

I also did some strength training:

*front and side planks
*lateral lunges
*squats
*shoulder lateral raises
*triceps pull-downs
*biceps curls

A little shorter today, but I felt like I got in a great workout.

I put together a quick lunch when I got home:

I mixed together some Greek yogurt with Kashi GoLean Crunch and honey. Sooo good. I liked the added texture and crunch that the cereal provided.

Plus some blurry strawberries. Hmm, I thought I had my camera figured out!

I am off to study study study. Now that my test should be right around the corner, I'm getting a little nervous!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the run! Your strength training looks good too:) tomorrow's a run day for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do AWESOME on the test! You are preparing yourself soooo well. :)

    Your lunch looks delicious--similar to what I eat for lunch.

    ReplyDelete