Thursday, August 20, 2009

One Month Away

Holy moly! This morning I realized that my half marathon is exactly one month from today! I'm getting a little nervous, since the furthest I've run is only 5 miles so far. I really shouldn't be too worried, because I'm following a similar training program as the last time I did a half, and it turned out just fine!

It is quite rainy and dreary here today, which made it a little hard to get out of bed. Plus, I slept like crap last night for some reason. I kept waking up and rolling over throughout the night.

However, I was very happy to finally get up, because nothing starts a rainy day better than a delicious, warm bowl of oatmeal!


This isn't the greatest quality photo, but I like how you can see the steam coming off the oats on the bottom. :) I usually just make my oatmeal straight-up like the directions say, but today I used vanilla soy milk instead of cow's milk, plus some cinnamon and a dash of vanilla. I think it took a little longer than usual for the oats to cook, but maybe I was just being impatient. Once they were done, I added a little brown sugar and a big scoop of pb. Amazing! I also had another small bowl of strawberries, but the oatmeal was really the star of the morning!

I hit the gym again today for my first ever tempo run. I ran a total of 4 miles today in 37:39!!! I am highly impressed with myself! :) I ran the first and last mile at a 9:50 pace, and the middle 2 miles at 8:57. I can't believe I ran a sub-9-minute-mile! Like I have mentioned many times, I am not a fast runner. This is the first time I've ever really tried challenging myself with speed, so these little victories are exciting for me.

For lunch, I heated up a leftover pepper from last night.


Pepper innards! I forgot to mention yesterday that I added Texas Pete to the mixture, and then of course doused it with hot sauce again after coming out of the oven.

Side of grapes that I am currently munching on.

I have a pretty long to-do list that I wrote up last night, but maybe I'll just read for a little while. I have SLFP Mentor Orientation in a few hours! I'm excited, but a little nervous!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for almost being there! I know you can do it! You are a strong woman and capable of the "impossible!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oatmeal for breakfast! Your stuffed pepper looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the tempo run! Your stuffed pepper looks good - and reminds me I want to make some soon :)

    ReplyDelete