Sunday, August 02, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Hi everyone!! I hope you have all enjoyed your weekends! Don't they seem to fly by so fast sometimes??

Last night I had a sleepover at my parent's house. My mom has been wanting to watch Buffy from the beginning (I have so much influence on her! hehe), so I brought over the first season and we had a marathon viewing party.

Before I left, my mom called and asked if I could pick up Chinese for all of us. It's been ages since I've had Chinese, so I was pretty excited!
I ordered the chicken lo mein. The carry-out box didn't look that big, so I dumped it out onto my plate. Let me tell you, those boxes hold a lot of food. Lo mein practically poured off the edges of my plate. Needless to say, I could not eat it all and saved the rest for lunch today.
I ended up sleeping in until about 8:30, and when I got up, I made breakfast.
Look!! I put blueberries on my oatmeal!!! I didn't really like it, though, because it made the berries warm. I ate all the blueberries first, then ate the rest of the oatmeal. I am so weird, I know.

Around 10:30 I finally motivated myself to go for a run, and I actually ventured outside on the backroads by my parent's home. The shoulder on the road I ran on is pretty big, but it's still a little scary. I much prefer nice, safe, trails or paths.

I set out for 4 miles and mapped it out on IGmap Pedometer before left, since I don't have a nice, fancy watch yet. I also didn't really watch the time when I left, so I used the songs on my iPod to keep track of time. Here are my (approximate) stats:

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 39 minutes
Pace: 9:45

I am really pleased with my time today. I would be the first to tell you that I am not a fast runner. At all. Some people might laugh at my 9:45 pace, but I'm happy as a clam! :)

After my run, I wasn't feeling all that hungry, so I just had a handful of grapes and lotsa water:
A couple hours later I had my leftover lo mein and a big glass of skim milk. Delish!

Keith finally came back home this afternoon!!!!! Angel really missed him:
Isn't that sweet?!?! As soon as Keith sat down, he was in his lap cuddling up. Yes, Angel is a boy. Yes, my cats are named Willow and Angel. And yes, they are named after Buffy characters. Is anyone getting tired of me talking about this show yet? ;)


For dinner tonight, I wanted to try a new dish. I found a recipe for "Chicken Ryan" on Chasing Daylight and was dying to try it, because it includes goat cheese! I - love - goat cheese! A restaurant around the corner from my apartment in Chicago (Tilli's) has an amazing goat cheese-stuffed chicken breast, and this recipe really reminded me of that dish!

This chicken was to die for. It was amazingly good! I wish I had made more so we could have leftovers! Keith actually said, "I think this is my favorite food now." I will definitely be making this again!

We also had side salads and steamed broccoli:

We were pleasantly stuffed after dinner tonight!

I am going to spend the rest of the evening relaxing and winding down in hopes that I will be asleep at a decent hour. I will be working again tomorrow morning, and would LOVE to be well-rested and not have to struggle to get out of bed in the AM!

Have a great night, everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. The chicken looks great! I am trying to get relaxed and wind-down for the evening.

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love goat cheese too! It is definitely my favorite cheese ever. So good on everything from salads to pizzas to bread to CHICKEN. :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, the chicken looks fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete