Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Back to the Grind

Happy Hump Day! I am very happy that the weekend is only 2 days away! The husband and I haven't really worked out our weekend plans yet.  The weather is supposed to be yucky (cold and rainy), but that sounds like perfect curl-up-on-the-couch weather to me!

Let's recap yesterday's eats:

Breakfast included two bran muffins from Grandma Carol:



These babies are so delicious.  I heated them in the microwave, spread a little almond butter all over, and drizzled on maple syrup.  Amazing!

Lunch was quite pathetic.  I really need to make a more conscious effort to pack a lunch the night before.





Yup, that was it!

I was determined to make it out for a nice, easy run after work.  I was actually really excited to get my legs moving again, which is more than I can say for finishing my first half marathon.  I definitely used that race as an excuse to do nothing but laze around.  I only ran maybe 3 times in the 6 weeks following that race!  Yikes!

Luckily, I had a really nice run.  I intended to make it a slow and easy pace, which used to mean 10 minute-mile pace.  I feel like I have made huge gains in the last couple months, because the 10:00 pace felt way too slow!  I started with 9:50 and then bumped it up to 9:41.  I finished 4 miles in 38:30 and felt great!  I did not feel exhausted, and my legs felt so good.  Hooray!

For dinner, I found a quick, 20-minute recipe for Blackened Cumin-Cayenne Tilapia in the September issue of Cooking Light.  I had all the ingredients already, so it was a perfect, fast meal.  I also baked some sweet potato wedges, because that's how I roll.




The sweet potato looks really burnt, but it didn't taste that way (promise!).  My big "mistake" was going a bit heavy-handed with the seasoning mixture.  The recipe clearly states "sprinkle" the mix over the fish.  I thought, "I have all this mix, I might as well use it!" and poured it on.  Wow.  I could SMELL the hotness from the plate in front of me.  The hubby and I both took a bite and our eyes nearly watered!  It was a really good recipe, but next time I won't coat the fish in cayenne pepper.  :)


This morning I had another bowl of oatmeal in the microwave.



The almond butter sank to the bottom!

Lunch was a ham, pepper jack cheese, spinach, and mustard wrap with an apple.

For some reason, a beer sounded real good after work today.



Ah yes...the Silver Bullet!  Ha!

Off to finish making dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Coors Light! That makes me miss Sandy!

    ReplyDelete