Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Big Girls Try New Foods!

I hope everyone had a fab Labor Day and also a not-too-horrible Tuesday back to work! My day was pretty fun and went by quite fast. This week I am out of the nursing homes and back in the outpatient clinic which is a fun change. The day really flew by!

Yesterday's Labor Day lunch at my grandparent's was also very nice. We had a light lunch with sandwiches and a few salads, and family members came and went as they were able.
My plate of nummies:

You may notice the strawberry salad. It has a fancy name that I can't remember, but it's basically strawberries layered with strawberry jello, vanilla pudding, and whipped cream. It is strawberries mixed in with other stuff, which I usually will not eat, but I tried it, and I liked it! Okay, I would prefer to eat my strawberries separate from all the other stuff, but it was still a pretty yummy dessert.

Last night I prepared a new food for lunch: taboule! Since it was my first experience with taboule, I followed the recipe on the back of the box. I added tomato, cucumber, lemon juice, and crumbled goat cheese (sub for feta, which I didn't have) to the grain. After the taboule chilled for the night, I filled a pita with hummus and a helping of the salad.

It was DELISH! The taste of the goat cheese really came through. I think the taboule was still really warm when I added the cheese last night, so instead of staying crumbled up in the salad, it just kind of melted and covered all of the ingredients. Good thing I love my goat cheese! :)

I also had red grapes and a peanut peanut butter Kashi bar. My lunch really hit the spot!

For dinner, I thawed out some leftover pizza dough from a couple weeks ago, and whipped up a delicious pizza!

I must say, I make a mean homemeade pizza! I kept the ingredients pretty much the same as last time, except we didn't have fresh mozz, so I just used shredded cheese. I also added a few crumbles of goat cheese. What can I say, I'm an addict.

My eyes are getting quite sleepy, so I'm off to curl up with Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince before falling asleep.

Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you've tried this, but I add a tablespoon of honey to my pizza crust and it turns out beautifully. Just a tip if you didn't know it already :-)

    ReplyDelete