Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Breakfast Fiasco

Hi everyone! If you follow me on Twitter (if not, you should!), you probably saw me tweet about having a breakfast fiasco yesterday morning.

Well, here it is:


Oat explosion!!!!!

This was my first attempt at microwaving oatmeal (the old-fashioned Quaker kind), and it was obviously a HUGE FAIL. I think I may have put it in for too long and it just boiled over. Does anyone else know why my oatmeal would decide to treat me this way?

Instead, I had to settle for cold cereal, which just doesn't seem to do it for me lately.

I really enjoy the taste of Kashi Autumn Wheat cereal, but I was definitely in a hot oatmeal sort of mood. Lately, I'm more apt to have a bowl of cold cereal as a snack than a breakfast meal.

This morning I had a repeat of the cereal, since I was too lazy to wake up early enough to cook stove-top oatmeal. Maybe I'll give the microwave oats another go tomorrow!

For lunch, I stopped at Quizno's for a tuna bullet.

I was disappointed with the shortage of veggies. I'll have to ask for more next time. The did go light on the dressing for me, which was a definite plus!

I also munched on a kiwi, apple style. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but the skin actually tastes pretty good. I would compare it to the skin of a plum or nectarine, only fuzzy.

The summer after 6th grade I attended summer camp. One of the girls in my cabin, Connie, mentioned that she liked to eat kiwis with the skin on them. I had never heard of such a crazy thing before, so I asked, "Do you shave the fuzz off the kiwi?" Every time I eat a kiwi, it brings back good ol' Fortune Lake memories. :)

Dinner tonight was Taco Bell chalupas. I was not very proud of my dinner, so there is no picture. I have been way too lazy to cook the last couple nights. I've been working a little bit of overtime this week, and I haven't been planning out meals at all. I need to get motivated and organized so I can make some real food!

After dinner I managed to hit the gym. Working out after dinner is extremely rare for me. I was really worried I would get a stomach ache, but I ended up feeling okay. I ran 4 miles in 39:33, which included a short walking break.

I am off to bed. Tomorrow I will be posting about how I am preparing my body for trail-running!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:29 PM

    Holy Cow!! You cooked it tooooo long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great for running after Taco Bell! I think I would get really sick from such an event.

    ReplyDelete