Sunday, September 06, 2009

Long Weekends are Awesome

Thank goodness for this long weekend, because I totally don't think I could be ready to work tomorrow if I didn't have the day off. I feel like the weekend has been pretty busy, with not much relaxing going on so far.

Yesterday morning, the husband and I golfed 9 holes and I made my first par!

After golf, I got myself ready for a 3 mile run. Once I got going, I felt really great, and ended up running my fastest 3 miles in ages!

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 37:48
Avg. Pace: 9:16

Woot! The run felt so good and got me thinking about running a 5K. Hmm...might have to find one to sign up for soon! :)

Last night we met up with some friends for a BBQ. Nothing like cooking out on the grill to end the last weekend of summer, right?

I kept myself busy entertaining the kiddos.

I also enjoyed this lovely blueberry lager. It was quite tasty, but pretty sweet. I don't know if I could drink more than one.

My dinner:

This morning I had a hankering for pancakes. I tried my hand at whole wheat pancakes from scratch.
So amazing! I dressed up my 3 pancakes a little differently. One had Dark Chocolate Dreams PB, one was straight up butter and maple syrup, and the last one I used a little syrup with blueberries heated up.

Once breakfast digested, I walked to the gym and hit the elliptical for 45 minutes while reading the latest issue of Cooking Light.

For lunch I mixed up some vanilla yogurt with Puffins.

With mango on the side.

And for supper tonight, I made cheesy polenta quiche (care of Caitlin).

This dish is so easy to make, and so tasty!

I hope you are all enjoying your Labor Day weekends! Any big plans for tomorrow? My grandparents have invited all of us over for lunch, and I just mapped out my 10-mile run for tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment