Monday, September 28, 2009

Recovery Mode

Rest days are awesome!!

I still have a little residual soreness from the race on Saturday, but overall I am feeling pretty good. Maybe even good enough to go for a nice, easy run tomorrow?! *Fingers crossed!*

Today went by pretty fast for a Monday! However, the weather definitely took a turn into fall-like territory. The high today did not reach much higher than 50 degrees, and it progressively got more and more rainy. The low tonight is supposed to dip into the 30s!!

As I was driving through the cold and rain, I was thinking about how difficult it is going to be for me to get outside and run this winter! I really want to get out of the house and off the treadmill at least once a week throughout the winter, but it's going to be hard. I definitely need to invest in some quality, warm layers!

Do any of you have any tips for running in cold weather?

I think I have perfected the oatmeal in the microwave! Today's oatmeal was so good! I am really loving the almond butter that I purchased on Friday.


It was so good, I didn't even think to take a picture until I was scraping my bowl clean. By the way, this is a bowl that I painted at a local paint-your-own-pottery shop a few years ago.

My lunch is unpictured. I'm still a little nervous about revealing my weird picture-taking side to my co-workers. I ordered a delicious chicken border bowl from Border Grill. Chicken, pico de gallo, black beans, rice, and border salsa.....yummmm!

I got home from work and tinkered around for a while. All of a sudden, I realized it was almost 7 o'clock and the husband would be home from work and I had no clue what to have for dinner! Our kitchen is also getting pretty bare.

Luckily, I picked up a package of gnocchi at Target to try.


I warmed up some marinara sauce, and voila! Dinner in 10 minutes or less!

You know, sometimes it's really nice to have quick dinners like this, but I am really missing cooking from actual recipes. The hubster and I are planning on grocery shopping tomorrow night, so I really should do some meal planning before we go!

For a snack, I was craving more almond butter. I had tried almond butter a few years ago and really didn't like it. I don't know if I had expected it to taste more like peanut butter or if it was just a bad brand, but this is rocking my socks off!


I know everyone is raving about honey crisp apples--and they are good--but they don't hold a candle to my Pink Ladies! :)

I also had a tall, cold glass of chocolate milk.


I am off to give my IT bands a little love with the foam roll! Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. I always feel better after some love from the foam roller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Niki, I love that you love Almond Butter! The husband had to pick up a new jar at the health food store for me today, its soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete