Thursday, September 03, 2009

Sniffles and Sleepiness

I am thisclose to falling asleep on the couch right about now!

On Tuesday, I woke up with a little bit of a sore throat, and it has slowly progressed to the sniffles/stuffy nose/pressure in the sinuses/sleepiness. In my opinion, the worst part about getting a cold is the feeling of pure exhaustion you get for a few days. I have been thinking about bed for around 4 hours now!

For lunch today, I made a little taco salad from the salad bar with lettuce, salsa, broccoli, cauliflower, green pepper, cheese....I think that's it! Unfortunately, my stuffy nose also makes me not very hungry, so I didn't end up eating the whole thing.

When I got home from work I was so HANGRY!

I mixed up some vanilla yogurt with the remainder of my flax cereal, plus a few sprinkles of cinnamon.

I was still hungry!

So I had a few whole grain crackers with cheddar cheese.

When the hubby got home from work, I had him fire up the grill for quick turkey hot dogs.

Loaded with deliciousness.

I had been thinking about these sweet potato fries all day!

It's amazing how I could have no appetite at lunch time, and then become a bottomless pit this evening. C'est la vie!

The hubby has finally decided to read my blog and he is sitting next to me making random comments. Now he understands why I take all these pictures!!

I'm out for the evening. My bed is calling my name!

2 comments:

  1. Hey darlin! Sorry I have not been commenting much lately--but I promise I have still been reading and keeping up with you. You are now in love with the breakfast cookies--I need to try them. I think they would be good to pack as part of my lunch, don't you think? Do they keep you full for a while?

    Sweet potatoes---yes please--I want those fries! Anything sweet "tater" I am in love with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Niki, Found you on HTP. Look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete