Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Sunday Run (Isn't it Tuesday?)

Helloooo!!

I can't believe it's almost Wednesday already. My work week has been pretty crazy so far. My days are pretty unpredictable and I sometimes feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off!
Anywayyy...I finally made it for my long run on Sunday afternoon, but I made a few stops first.

Picked up a new "fancy" watch! It even has a stop-watch feature. Aren't you just going "oooooooooooh"? ;)

Plus a sweet hydration pack!! I feel pretty nerdy running with a "backpack" on, but it was so awesome to finally have water when I wanted it during my run!

It's hard to be totally accurate with my mileage calculations when I run on the lake shore bike path, because it doesn't necessarily always follow the road (which I have to use for Gmap Pedometer). I meant to head out for 8 miles, but I think it was more like 7.5.

Distance: 7.5 miles
Time: 1:08:36
Avg Pace: 9:05

I have a hard time believing that I run 9-minute miles outside. Especially when I take a few walk breaks. Sigh. I kind of wonder why I keep attempting to calculate my pace when I can't even be sure my mileage is accurate.
At least I am totally in love with running on the bike path. Check out my awesome view of Lake Superior and Marquette during my run:




Aren't I a lucky girl?

Time for bed! Hope everyone has had a great start to the week!!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome route! I'd love to be able to run there. I think I need to get a camel back type apparatus too! I tried carrying a water bottle last time I ran 7 miles, and ended up ditching it.

    ReplyDelete