Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend Recap. Kind of.

My weekends are just flying by! I'm glad to stay busy, but it would also be nice to have a full day off so I can really just relax.

In my weekend "re-cap", I'm pretty much going to skip a ton of stuff and just hit the highlights. :)

Friday morning I ventured into the world of pumpkin pie oatmeal!

I had been DYING to try this, and it did not disappoint. I think next time I will add a little more pumpkin pie spice, but this was awesomely delicious!

While I was at work on Friday, Angel went in for a grooming appointment. His hair gets pretty long and thick, so it can get matted easily. We try to keep him brushed, but it gets particularly difficult around the hiney region, so we decided he needed a little trim.

Warning: Angel does not photograph well. If the flash isn't on the camera, he just looks like a huge black blob, but when the flash IS on, he half-closes his eyes, giving him the appearance that he is on drugs. (By the way, he's not.)

So this is Angel's "before" photo:

And this is Angel after he was groomed:

Yea, it's a pretty interesting hair cut, but he loves it. He is not embarrassed. If he were ashamed, he would be hiding somewhere in the apartment, but he's strutting his stuff out it the open, just begging to be pet!

Friday night we went out to our friend's camp for dinner. They cooked the most amazing chicken drumsticks on the grill with a fantastic rub from Whole Market. I can't believe it's almost the end of grilling season!

Saturday morning I got up and went for a quick 3 mile run and finished in 27:36. I'm feeling the need to sign up for a 5K to actually see how fast I can do it. There is a Turkey Trot in Marquette on Thanksgiving, and there will be a 5K and a 10K, and I was thinking about doing the 10K. Ahhh, I'll have to think about it!

After my run, I mixed together some cereal, vanilla yogurt, and blueberries.

And then hustled to the golf course to play 18 holes. I probably played my best round of golf yesterday. There is definitely room for improvement, but I'm starting to get a good feel for a lot of my clubs and I'm gradually starting to add a little power into my swing. Too bad we only have a few weeks left of nice golfing weather before win--- oooh I can't even say it yet!

I was in bed last night at 9:30. No lie. I was just so tired! It's kind of sad that on weeknights I can't seem to make it to bed until 11 or later, but on a Saturday night I am zonked out before 10. I love being an old lady sometimes!

I spent the night dreaming about breakfast....

Continuing with the pumpkin theme, I concocted these cinnamon pumpkin spice pancakes. They were delicious and super moist. Next time I might throw in a little bit more pumpkin, but these were close to perfect!

After I digested my pancakes, I took off for my last long run before the half marathon next Saturday! I was really happy with my time, especially since it includes my walk breaks.

Distance: 12 miles
Time: 1:57:17
Avg. Pace: 9:45

I'm getting really nervous about my race next weekend. I know I can finish the distance, but I am really scared about the terrain. I mentioned this previously, but I want to reiterate that my goal is simply to finish. However, the race info says that if you don't think you will finish in 2.5 hours, you should start at 9:30 instead of 10. I'm preeettty sure I can finish within the 2.5 hours, but then again, since I've never run this hilly course, maybe I will end up taking longer than that.

My previous half marathon time was 2 hours and 12 minutes, but my pace during my recent long runs would give me a time around 2 hours and 6 minutes. Do you think I should start early or at the regularly scheduled time?

Although I didn't have the munchies after my 10-miler last Sunday, today I was ravenous! I downed a ton of Gatorade/water mixture, an apple, more water, and a Clif bar. Then I met my mom and grandma for a quick shopping trip, came home and watched some football!

I enjoyed a banana while watching my Green Bay Packers lose, unfortunately. :(

I also munched on some almonds before the husband called from work asking about dinner. I was not in the mood to cook, so we went for Chinese and I ordered chicken lo mien. I ate about half and saved the rest for lunch, but I was still kind of hungry. I'm sure I've been snaking on a bunch of other things that I can't remember now. Mindless eating!

I'm going to hop upstairs and read in bed for a little while. See, it's already 10:30 and I'm not even washed up for bed yet, geez!

Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. 1) Nice Edward Cullen in the background

    2) Angel looks so skinny with his hair cut!

    ReplyDelete