Monday, September 21, 2009

Who's the Best??

That's what I ask the husband every time I make a successful dinner. He needs to learn to be a little more enthusiastic when he says, "You are!" though.

Anyhoo. I got home a little after 4, which was so wonderful!

I had a quick snack of a slice of Brownberry Flax and Fiber bread (which is REALLY delicious!) smeared with Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter.

I gobbled this up with a mug of jasmine green tea while reading for Bible study tomorrow and then catching up on some Project Runway episodes.

At around 6, I started getting dinner ready. I've been wanting to make kabobs for a while, so I took the opportunity today to do so!

I cubed chicken and then tossed it with some EVOO, Tony's Creole seasoning, and a bit of minced garlic. For the veggies, I used red, yellow, and green peppers, as well as onions.

Look how pretty!


Keith cooked them on the grill (why don't I know how to use a gas grill?!), and they turned out great! I cooked up some brown rice and made a dipping sauce with equal parts salsa and lite sour cream.

My plate:
x2 or 3 more kabobs. I get so excited when I try a new meal and it turns out to be a success!

Dessert was a li'l amaretto Mackinac Island fudge ice cream.


Ahhh...I am pleasantly stuffed and content. I just wish I had a few more hours to veg out before bedtime, but it's already quarter after 9 and I actually have to be to work early tomorrow morning.

Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. I love how pretty kabobs are! They are some of my favorite grill foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kabobs look awesome. You are the BEST!! hehe

    ReplyDelete