Thursday, October 01, 2009

Countin 1, 2, 3...

Anyone hear the new Britney Spears song, 3, yet? It's pretty catchy and I keep getting snippets of it stuck in my head!

Last night's dinner was a hit, in my opinion! I made my first attempt at a
meatloaf and served it alongside mashed red potatoes and steamed broccoli.




I was never a big meatloaf fan growing up.  I mean, come on, how appetizing is the word "meatloaf"??  I recently had a strange craving for it, though, and it did not disappoint.  It was the perfect meal for the fall weather we are experiencing.


Continuing with my fall food theme, this morning I had 2 slices of pumpkin cobbler bread for breakfast.  I toasted it and spread butter on one slice and almond butter on the second.

When I picked this up at the store, the husband said, "You really are obsessed with pumpkin!"  Yes, yes I am.


I hit the gym after work for a tempo run.  I have found a new love for the tempo run during my half marathon training!  I cranked out a nice 4 miles in 36:54!!  I ran the middle two miles at an 8:34 pace.  Woot!


I wonder if there could be a reason for me wanting to do some speedwork right now?  Hmm...  Maybe we'll get an answer to that question in the next few days?


I was craving chili for dinner tonight, but it's really best when you let it cook all day in the slow cooker.  Instead, I searched for another cold weather dinner.  (By the way, I had to scrape FROST off my car this morning!!  Yikes!)


After a search in the pantry, I came up with a carton of V8 Butternut Squash soup that I purchased on a whim.  I have never had butternut squash in my life, much less in a soup.

It was awesome!  The soup had a great taste and texture, and was pleasantly filling.  Plus, the V8 soups have a full serving of vegetables per serving, and the list of ingredients is respectable.  This will be a future purchase.


I also made grilled goat cheese and spinach sandwiches.  Such a great combo!

Of course, there's always room for dessert.  I made the mistake of throwing Newman O's in the shopping cart the other night.

Yes, I have eaten all these cookies in the last couple days.  But they are so good!  My problem with Oreo-like cookies is that I just keep eating and eating and eating them!  I probably shouldn't take the whole bag to the couch with me...


I'm out for the night!  Hope you all enjoy a fantastic Friday tomorrow!  I'm hoping to get myself a special treat in the morning!


Tonight's question:  What is your favorite fall/cold-weather food??  I love stew, chili, pomegranates, pumpkin......


P.S.  Anyone else having these weird formatting issues with Blogger?  I keep getting all these extra spaces between paragraphs and photos and it's driving me insane!!!  I'm realllly thinking about switching over to WordPress (I hear the sooner you do it, the easier it is!).  Any thoughts??

1 comment:

  1. I run my class blog through WordPress, it is so much better than Blogger.

    ReplyDelete