Saturday, October 10, 2009

Highlights, Tea, and Food

I've had a pretty low-key day, but I am definitely ready to hit the hay and get some much-needed rest.

I started out this morning with a hair cut.  I have been debating keeping my shorter hair or growing it out a little bit for a few months, but I keep cutting it every time.  It doesn't look much different after I got it cut today.  Just a bit shorter, trimmed bangs, and blonde highlights:





The short hair is nice, because it makes me look more my age than a 17-year-old.  However, I do miss having the ability to put it in a ponytail for workouts.  Maybe next time I'll grow it out a bit........we'll see.

When I left the salon, I had mixed feelings to see what was brewing up outside:





Okay, you can't see anything in these pictures, but I promise you it was snowing out.  Just some light flurries, but it was snow nonetheless!!  I won't technically count this as the first snowfall of the year, especially since it wasn't even enough to photograph.

After the hair appointment, I made a few quick grocery stops.  I haven't been to Econo in a while, so I swung by to check out their produce and natural foods department and found this lovely score:



64 glorious ounces of Honest Tea!!  After trying a few of the Honest Teas this week, I am definitely hooked.  The four flavors I tried were all delicious.  I was excited to see this large container, because it was only $3.69, I believe, which is a steal compared to buying 64 ounces of the individual bottles.  Little things like this make me happy.  :)

I also took a trip to Wal-Mart.  I heard they were now carrying Oikos, but they hadn't had any Greek yogurt before, so I had to see it with my own eyes.  I was thrilled to find they now carry quarts of the plain Oikos, as well as single serving packs in plain, honey, and blueberry flavors!  I was very tempted to buy some today, but I am still working on my stockpile from last weekend, so I resisted.

For lunch, I popped in an Amy's frozen tamale.



I love how Wal-Mart sticks their price stickers on every item about 20 times.  Geesh.

This was my first time trying any of Amy's frozen entrees, and this one was really good!  I added a little Texas Pete to both the rice and the tamale for some extra spice.



I also ate it out of the cardboard tray, cause I'm klassy like that.

After my food digested, I finally made it to the gym for a run.  I did an easy 3 miles at a 9:40 pace, finishing in 29:00 exactly!  I also followed it up with some strength training!  I have been a big slacker on the strengthening front the last couple weeks, and it felt so good to lift weights again!

For dinner, the hubby and I went to Lee and Adrian's for Main Street Pizza.  It was delish.  Plus, I got to hang out and cuddle with their babies!  They are both getting so big.  Bryce is running around and talking a bunch, and I think Bailey will be creeping in no time.  It's so exciting to see them growing up!

It's time to curl up with Harry Potter (I'm finally on Book 7!) until I fall asleep.

Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:28 AM

    I love your hair!!! :)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niki~! We're so happy to see that you found our 64oz bottle of Just Green. If you send your address to kelly@honesttea.com, we'll send you some coupons. Thanks for the HONEST support, Kelly

    ReplyDelete