Thursday, October 08, 2009

Recaping the Week!

Wow!  In some ways, I feel like the week has flown by.  I have kept myself pretty busy during the last 4 days between work and extracurriculars.

Monday night was the big football game that I am not going to discuss due to obvious disappointment.


Tuesday, I finally met with my SLFP mentee and we attended a Mentorshop together.


Last night we had dinner over at Jesse and Kim's place (amazing Philly cheese steaks!).


Tonight, the hubby has gone out to play poker with some friends, so I am relaxing in my PJ's all by myself and very excited that tomorrow is FRIDAY!!


I should return to my regular daily posting schedule starting, well, right now!  :)



Since I slacked off on the food blogging, here is a recap of two of my favorite meals this week:




Oatmeal + cinnamon + chocolate chips + coconut + PB = dessert. Amazing!

Also, the perfect cold-weather dinner:




Chili!





With cornbread, of course!








Last night was also the first time I ran since Sunday. It's kind of bad that I think that two days off seems like a long time (especially when Monday was an actual scheduled rest day!), but I knew I had to go for a run last night or else I would feel really guilty.

I did a nice speed workout on the treadmill. I finished 3 miles in 27:24. I warmed up for 5 minutes at a 9:51 pace, then alternated 1 minute of running 8:00-7:30 with 2 minutes at 9:51. It felt awesome! The only downside was that my ankles started to feel a little sore--specifically my right Achille's tendon. I should probably be making more of an effort to stretch after my workouts. As a PT, you would think I'd know better, right? I've just been slacking on the stretching lately!!

I also tried out my new running shoes.




I don't think these were the cause of the ankle pain. They are quite comfortable, but they feel different than my old shoes. It's probably just a matter of breaking them in.

Announcement!

In other exciting running news: I signed up for another half marathon!! I will be running the Mackinac Island Great Turtle half marathon on October 24th!!!

I'm addicted, what can I say?!?!

I'm going to leave you tonight with my babies, because they are just too cute all cuddled together.




P.S.  The switch to WordPress will be occurring soon.  Hopefully this weekend.  These formatting issues with Blogger are p***ing me off, and I am wasting far too much of my time trying to correct all these quadruple spaces, only to find out that it doesn't work anyway.


I'm also considering a name change for the blog.  Run, Niki, Run isn't all that creative or unique.  Any ideas or thoughts on this matter??  Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment